Thursday, October 3, 2019

Update on Spectrum (formerly Time Warner) Cable Internet Speed

recently I called and asked Spectrum to change my Internet rate plan from their legacy Time Warner standard plan to the new Spectrum standard plan. The Internet speed is upgraded to 100 Mbps download and 10 Mbps upload. I was limited by my old router (Linksys WRT54G) to download speed of about 30 Mbps. After upgrading my router, the download speed was about 100 Mbps. This was much improved from the previous Time Warner plan of 20 Mbps download and 2.5 Mbps upload. The monthly cost went up from $50 per month to $56 per month (promotional rate, regular $66).

old Time Warner standard Internet plan

current Spectrum standard Internet plan, old router 
current Spectrum standard Internet plan, new router



No comments: